Ready to take a distribution?

Whether your child has chosen to attend a university or a trade school, locally or out-of-state, the time has come for you to take a distribution from your Maryland College Investment Plan Account.

Requesting a Distribution

You can request a distribution by:

Speaking with a College Savings Specialist at 888.4MD.GRAD (463.4723), Option 1.

Completing and submitting a Distribution Request Form.

Be sure you have the following information handy:

Information needed to identify your Investment Plan Account.

The amount you want to distribute.

If you are requesting a check to be mailed to the school directly:

The Beneficiary’s student ID number.

The eligible post-secondary school's mailing address. If you have questions on where to send the check, please contact the school to confirm the mailing instructions.

Your distribution can be sent directly to the school, sent to you electronically either by Automated Clearing House (ACH) or wire transferred to your bank account, or sent in the form of a check to yourself or your Beneficiary.

For more information about distributions, visit the Account Holder FAQs.