Turn traditional gift giving on holidays, birthdays, and other milestones into the gift of education.
The Importance of Giving
With the cost of education on the rise, the ability for parents to meet their college savings goals can seem out of reach. But you don’t have to go it alone. Adding gifting as part of your college savings strategy can help reach those goals. Even small gifts today can grow into something big tomorrow.
Maryland College Investment Plan
Making gift giving simple. Friends and family can now contribute to your child’s 529 college savings plan in two ways: online with the GoTuition® gifting portal or by sending in a Gift Contribution Slip below.
GoTuition® Gifting Portal
It takes a village to send a child to college. Let us help you get your village started. Enroll in the GoTuition gifting portal today. A new tool that makes it comfortable for you to ask friends and family to contribute to your child’s college savings plan in lieu of gifts for traditional celebrations like graduations, holidays, and birthdays. It’s convenient and rewarding for gift givers too – giving them an opportunity to give a gift that will last a lifetime.
The GoTuition gifting portal lets you:
- Create a customized profile page with a personalized welcome message and photo
- Share your page with friends and family via email and social channels, text the link, or include the link on evites and printed invitations
- Easily maintain and update info through the dashboard
- Update your gifting profile based on birthdays, milestones, and to show off new school photos
- Automatically track gifts received
Log in today to enroll.
It’s Simple to Get Started
Have questions about the GoTuition gifting portal? Click here to learn all the facts.
Maryland Prepaid College Trust
Make it easy for friends and family to contribute to your beneficiary’s account. Select the appropriate Gift Contribution Slip below, complete sections 1-3, and either email or mail the entire slip to the contributor.
Give the gift of education. Friends and family can choose to make a gift contribution to an existing account or they can choose to open their own account for the gift recipient. With both options, they can take advantage of the potential Maryland State income deduction by contributing to the Maryland 529 plans.
Give to an existing account:
- Give online. If you’re giving to a Maryland College Investment Plan ask the account holder if they are enrolled in the GoTuition gifting portal and to send you a link to the gift recipient’s profile.
- Download a gifting form. Download the gifting form below, get the necessary information for sections 1-3 from the account holder, and mail the completed slip along with your gift contribution to the address indicated on the slip.
- Open an account. Take advantage of tax benefits. Open your own account for a gift recipient. Enroll Now or Learn More about our plans.