Thank you for choosing to open a Maryland College Investment Plan (MCIP) account electronically. At the end of this process, you will receive a confirmation and reference number for each account opened. Please print out your confirmation and save it for your records. This process should take approximately 10 minutes.
What information do I need to enroll online?
To complete the form, you will need the following:
- Your residential address and email address
- Your Social Security number and the Social Security number of your Beneficiary
- Complete name, mailing address and date of birth for your Beneficiary
Please do NOT use online enrollment for any of the following circumstances:
- If you wish to rollover funds from another 529 plan
- If you wish to fund your account with proceeds from an UGMA/UTMA, Coverdell Education Savings Account, or U. S. Savings Bonds
- If a Trust or Business Entity will be the Account Holder
- If you wish to fund your Account with Payroll Deduction
For any of these circumstances, you may download an Enrollment Kit or contact a customer service representative at 888.4MD.GRAD (463.4723), and request an enrollment kit to be mailed to you.
When can I access online enrollment?
Online enrollment is available to open a MCIP account is 365 days a year and 24 hours a day, except when the systems are shut down for system maintenance and upgrades. When this occurs, a message will be displayed on the Log In screen. Learn more on how to set up your account online.
How do I apply for the Maryland State Contribution Program?
Thank you for your interest. The 2018 application period is now closed. The 2019 application period will open on January 1, 2019.
Learn more about the Save4College State Contribution Program.
What if I need further assistance in completing this online form?
Please contact us at 888.4MD.GRAD (463.4723). A customer service representative will be happy to help you.