The 2019-2020 Enrollment Period is open through May 31, 2020.
Please read the entire Enrollment Kit and the Prepaid College Trust Contract set forth below. Then scroll to the bottom of the page to check the "I agree" box.
Thank you for choosing to open a Maryland Prepaid College Trust account electronically. At the end of this process, you will receive a confirmation and reference number for each account opened. Please print out your confirmation and save it for your records. This process should take approximately 10 minutes.
Enrolling online requires payment of the enrollment fee via Visa or MasterCard. If you do not wish to pay the enrollment fee via Visa or MasterCard, we recommend you request an enrollment kit be mailed to you by emailing email@example.com, download a kit or contact a customer service representative at 888.4MD.GRAD (463.4723).
What information do I need to enroll online?
To complete the form, you will need the following:
- Your residential address and email address
- Your social security number and the social security number of your Beneficiary (required for all persons older than 1 year)
- Complete name, mailing address and date of birth for your Beneficiary
- A VISA or MasterCard to pay any applicable enrollment fee.
When can I access the Online Enrollment?
Online Enrollment for the Prepaid College Trust will opens on December 1, 2019, the first day of our new enrollment period.
What if I need further assistance in completing this online form?
Please contact us at 888.4MD.GRAD (463.4723). A customer service representative will be happy to help you.
Instructions for completing this enrollment form:
- Newborn enrollments for children less than 1 year old, enrollments for existing Maryland College Investment Plan Account Holders, and enrollments for Additional Year(s) for existing MPCT accounts (identical account holder and beneficiary) are accepted year-round at prices in effect when we receive your enrollment. All other enrollments for 2019-2020 must be completed online by May 31, 2020 or postmarked by May 31, 2020.
- If you have questions or need assistance in completing this enrollment, please call 888.4MD.GRAD (463.4723), 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, Eastern Standard Time.
- Complete all required sections of this form. If the required sections are not completed, processing could be delayed.
- Please have your credit card ready in order to pay for the Enrollment Fee. This fee is non-refundable. Your credit card will only be charged for the enrollment fee.
- Your first payment is due August 1. If for tax purposes, you want to make a payment prior to December 31, please submit a check (with your new account number) and make it out to MPCT. Mail the check to Maryland 529; 217 E Redwood Street, Ste 1350; Baltimore, MD 21202. This check must be postmarked by noon, December 31 in order to be eligible for a State income deduction for the year.
- Please be aware enrollment processing can take between 6-8 weeks.
Please review the Maryland Prepaid College Trust Agreement before you proceed.
I have read and agree to the terms and conditions above.