Turn traditional gift giving on holidays, birthdays, and other milestones into the gift of education.
The Importance of Giving
With the cost of education on the rise, the ability for parents to meet their college savings goals can seem out of reach. But you don’t have to go it alone. Adding gifting as part of your college savings strategy can help reach those goals. Even small gifts today can grow into something big tomorrow.
Chart assumes a hypothetical 6% rate or return compounded monthly and a 0.05% annualized administrative fee. This chart is for illustrative purposed only and does not represent the return of any specific investment option. Investment returns in the Maryland College Investment Plan will vary and may be higher or lower than this example.
Maryland Prepaid College Trust
Make it easy for friends and family to contribute to your child’s account. Select the appropriate Gift Contribution Slip, complete sections 1-3, and either email or mail the entire slip to the contributor.
Maryland College Investment Plan
Making gift giving simple. Friends and family can now contribute to your child’s 529 college savings plan in two ways: online with the GoTuitionSM gifting portal or by sending in a Gift Contribution Slip.
GoTuitionSM Gifting Portal
It takes a village to send a child to college. Let us help you start yours. Enroll in the GoTuition gifting portal today. A new tool that makes it comfortable for you to ask friends and family to contribute to your child’s college savings plan in lieu of gifts for traditional celebrations like graduations, holidays, and birthdays. It’s convenient and rewarding for gift givers too – giving them an opportunity to give a gift that will last a lifetime.
The GoTutition gifting portal lets you:
- Create a customized profile page with a personalized welcome message and photo
- Share your page with friends and family via email and social channels, text the link, or include the link on evites and printed invitations
- Easily maintain and update info through the dashboard
- Update your gifting profile based on birthdays, milestones, and to show off new school photos
- Automatically track gifts received
Log in today to enroll.
Have questions about the GoTuition gifting portal and click here to learn all the facts.
Gift Contribution Slip
Complete sections 1-3 of the attached Gift Contribution Slip and either email or mail the entire slip to the contributor.
Give the gift of education. Friends and family can choose to make a gift contribution to an existing account or they can choose to open their own account for the gift recipient. With both options, they can take advantage of the potential Maryland State income deduction by contributing to the Maryland 529 plans.
Give to an existing account:
- Give online. If you’re giving to a Maryland College Investment Plan ask the account holder. If they are enrolled in the GoTuition gifting portal and to send you a link to the gift recipient’s profile.
- Download a gifting form. Download the gifting form below, get the necessary information for sections 1-3 from the account holder, and mail the completed slip along with your gift contribution to the address indicated on the slip.
- Open an account. Take advantage of tax benefits. Open your own account for a gift recipient. Enroll Now or Learn More about our plans.